Saturday, October 25, 2008

Velo Swap and.... ?

Beat....after an alpine start up to Denver , schlepping heaps of bike goodies to Velo Swap and returning with quite a bit less I am a bit crispy around the edges. The consensus from the swap was attendance was about the same but sales were in a slump. Walking the floor I noticed that there were quite a few vacant booths. We packed our gear and split around 2pm as it seemed as all was left were the low-balling vultures. Chalk it up to the rosey news as of late or just a better day to head out on a ride somewhere and forget about your 401K that just turned into a 200.5K.

Boulder Cross Series # 3 tomorrow at my least favorite venue, the Boulder reservoir, acres and acres of deep sand and lots of goat heads lying beneath the surface waiting to take you out of the game with a flat. It's almost 7PM and I'm not sure if I'm up to the task of getting up early..again, or not. we'll see

Thanks for reading
Shotty

No comments: