Thursday, November 20, 2008

Balance

Let's just say it's been one of those weeks and try to leave it at that. I've been craving rest, some serious downtime, but it's just a matter of time before the arrival of daytime type thoughts show up and pull me from bliss. This is temporary but I can't completely focus on the end goal just yet...seems as though everything else has taken a back seat. The pendulum has paused at one end of it's travel.

There are many things I'm thankful for ( priming already for my favorite holiday ) , thankful for the biggies like an extremely patient and understanding partner in life; and smaller things like my commute to work by bike. Since daylight savings, I've been witness to some amazing sights on the way home, a huge owl, preying on wild bunnies behind the Intel building, a couple of raccoons, much larger than basketballs waddling across the street. Tonight, I came around a corner on the Sinton trail path and there was a very large, very healthy coyote standing in the middle of the trail , he gave a slow glance in my direction before heading off into a meadow.

The ride home is serious decompression time and highly valued to me, much more so than cup holders, heated seats, sitting at lights, encountering rude drivers, etc. If driving, I'm sure I would arrive home in a worse state then when I departed. If you can manage riding to work, just one day a week, even if it's just one direction, give it a try.

Thanks for reading and hope to see some of you at Pikes Peak Supercross on Saturday

Shotty

No comments: