Friday, January 16, 2009

whirlwind

Forgive my infrequent posting but my jet lag addled brain hasn't been up to the task of creative writing. I arrived to Taiwan on Sunday night, then left again on Tuesday morning to go down to Shunde, China through Hong Kong, using just about every conceivable means of transportation imaginable, planes, ferries, trains, buses, taxis, on foot.....I spent three days there, then came back to Taiwan on Friday. It's 12:30 am in Colorado and I'm sitting in the Tokyo Narita airport writing this. No matter how many times I've done this trip the jet lag is wicked fun on the backside...my prescrip is getting out the next day on the bike for an easy pedal up to the Academy and back on the Santa Fe trail. Couple of years ago, Pikes's Peaks Velo cross race was held the Sunday after I returned from Asia, figuring...."why not" the other option would be stumbling around the house drooling out the corner of mouth and getting in Jen's way...why not get in the way of 30 or 40 some odd bike racers. This was one of my best finishes that season! Sunday's forecast calls for lots of sun and temps in the 50's....I can feel the gravel under my treads already!!

Here are some random street shots from China:

Hong Kong Skyline

Downtown Shunde

Sleepy Ride on the Ferry

Shunde...the lanterns over the street are in preparation for Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year!

Shotty


No comments: